Sean graduated from the Rand Afrikaans University with an L.L.B Degree and commenced his articles at Frese Moll and Partners.
Sean, has developed a very successful litigation practice where he acts mostly on behalf of commercial entities:
- Commercial litigation specialising in the insurance and construction files
- Insolvency and credit law (Sean, is a registered Debt Counsellor)
- Sean has a Large department dealing with corporate litigation and commercial collections
- Labour law matters pertaining to sexual harassment, bullying and victimisation in the workplace.
Specialised Service Offerings unique to S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated in affiliation with Dremik
- Drafting of sexual harassment, bullying and victimisation in the workplace policies (Company specific in accordance with the Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995)
- Drafting of a whistleblowing policy
- Training provided to all management and employees on the Company’s sexual harassment, bullying and victimisation policy (on site)
- Setting up of offsite whistleblowing “Anonymous Tip Off Line” and the management thereof between client and S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated
- Intermediary between HR, Management and the Employee
Investigation into allegations:
- Sexual Harassment
- Disciplinaries and the correct handling of grievance matters
- Other (upon client’s request) e.g Investigations
- Management of the Disciplinary Proceeding
Sean also consults extensively regarding the interpretation and import of new legislation and compliance therewith, with specific reference to small and medium business enterprises and compliance therewith.
Sean, is the Chairman and actively involved in the Alberton Business Forum which is voluntary association which is set out to assist and mentor small businesses and young entrepreneurs.
Sean, also developed a large and successful practice for statutory bodies with specific reference to Sectional Title Establishments in terms of the Sectional Title Act and Home Owners Associations. Sean is certified in the areas of Sectional Title Management, Sectional Title Meetings as well as Home Owners Association Management.
Vision and Values
To be a diverse dynamic place to work where we treasure our employees and value our clients with utmost respect and gratuity.
Our core values are to grow and educate our employees within our firm by means of teamwork, humility, mutual respect, accountability, honesty and transparency.
S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated is a local law firm that strives to achieve results that exceed expectations through our commitment to our clients by being easily accessible, conducting ourselves efficiently as well as being responsive.
Corporate Social Investment
S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated fully recognises its responsibilities as an employer, a business having social and environmental responsibilities and obligations, and a member of the local communities in which we operate.
Our Community Involvement Policy as a team has overarching aims:-
- to be an employer of choice, recruiting and retaining legal staff of the highest calibre and ensuring that our firm provides industry leadership of a superior quality and an administrative team capable of delivering a quality service that our clients expect and mandate;
- to pursue our business objectives in a socially responsible and sustainable manner;
- to recognise that we have a vital role to play in supporting our local communities and protecting our environment.
S. BROWN ATTORNEYS INCORPORATED HISTORY
S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated was registered in November 2010 with a sole director namely Sean Brown, after leaving a firm at which he was a senior attorney for 10 years to venture out on his own. Today S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated have two respective offices located in Meyersdal and Bedfordview office, both of which are headed up by Sean directly.
S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated identified their strengths and specialise in the field of assisting small to medium business enterprises as well as a number of body corporates and home owners’ associations with their legal requirements. S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated are not limited in their specialised field and also provide their services in Litigation, Estates, Contractual Law, Divorce and Criminal matters.
Over the years S. Brown Attorneys Incorporated have procured a large corporate client base of which they now have long standing relationships with.
S. Brown Incorporated is an exempt micro-enterprise insofar as Black Economic Empowerment is concerned, its annual turnover is less than the threshold of R5 000 000.00 (Five Million Rand) as is required in terms of the laws relating to Black Economic Empowerment and is at present at Level 4 BEE Contributor.
Please visit us at www.sbrownattorneys.co.za